Hello! I am Arianna. I am a zine maker, lube mixer, and sex educator for teens and adults.
For the past 5 years I have been developing workshops and educational material addressing the complexities and nuances of sexuality, consent, and pleasure.
I started as a student at Hampshire College, where I studied feminist health politics, worked as a peer health educator, channeled my energy into sexual assault survivor advocacy, and facilitated sexual health workshops.
After moving to Queens in 2017, I self-published educational zines, started my medicinal, all-natural, oil-based personal lubricant business, and partnered with local businesses to host sliding scale workshops for the community.
The type of sex ed that the majority of us are familiar with is mechanical sex ed – one that vaguely describes the physical actions of reproduction. This covers a minute fraction of what sexuality, intimacy, and pleasure encompass. Not to mention – reproductive sex isn’t relevant to everyone, and the majority of us, whether we are reproductive or not, are having sex for pleasure, not procreation.
I specialize in
– LGBTQIA health
– Sexual assault prevention
– Survivor advocacy
– Pleasure positivity
– Pleasure anatomy (kink & bdsm informed)
– STI prevention, remedies, and anti-stigma
– Sex work liberation
Working as a peer health educator in college provided me with extensive training on sexual health topics, as well as opportunities to design my own workshops for on- and off-campus events. These include:
– Five College Queer, Gender, and Sexuality Conference, Amherst MA
– Civil Liberties and Public Policy (CLPP) Conference, Amherst MA
– Bacchus Initiatives of NASPA Area 10 Conference, University of Connecticut
– Brickhouse Community Center, Turners Falls MA
In the past year I have brought my programming to locations such as:
– Bulletin Broads Williamsburg, NY
– The Stonework Astoria, NY
– Oklahoma State University, Stillwater
– Flattopps Astoria NY
– Astoria Bookshop
– Junior High Los Angeles, CA