Sex education in Western culture is a marginalized field. Adult sex education, even more so. Explicit adult sex education? In a world full of “va-jay-jays” and “The Rules Girls”, that kind of sex education is very much in the minority.
It is perhaps fitting, therefore, that some of the finest educators out there are also people of color. It’s easy to discover and learn from these teachers here on the Kink Academy, and we’ve selected ten of our favorites with suggestions to get you started.
- Mollena Williams: How many sex and BDSM educators get on the front page of the New York Times? Not that many, but that’s only one part of the amazing life and experience of Mollena, an author, presenter, performer, International Ms. Leather, and more. She has what we consider to be the definitive guides to submission as well as service, along with great advice for those new to the community.
- Dante Posh: Stylish, eloquent, and knowledgeable, Dante Posh shares her joy about things such as layering bondage, hoods, and much more. There’s rarely a more exquisite combination of professionalism and passion than when she starts talking about her favorite things.
- Darian: Beginning rope tops often have a hard time getting past the nervous fumbling of a new skill, and Darian’s videos have a friendly, calm assurance as he leads you step-by-step through breast harnesses and corset ties. He also tackles a complex topic, “Surprise Sex”, with a nuanced series including how to ensure consent works with that particular kink.
- Ignacio Rivera: “Transqueering Your Sex” is a series of videos where Ignacio (aka “Papi Cox”) takes you step-by-step through the complexities and simplicities of queerness and gender-fluidity. The thorough and deeply personal explanation provides a level of understanding that is rare and unique.
- Kelly Shibari: One of many porn professionals who also work in the field of sex education, Kelly shares her pleasure in her own body through two “Exploring Touch” videos with Elle Chase on both genitals and nipples. Then she switches subjects to tackle the sensitive topic of weight and size, including the kinds of language to use to express desire.
- Sinnamon Love: Another talented actress and bondage model, Sinnamon uses the authority of her experience to give matter-of-fact explanations on subjects such as talking to your lover about porn, step-by-step prep for anal sex adventures, and female domination. Her cheerfulness and friendly approach help make these subjects more accessible as well as enjoyable.
- Poetic Desires: One of the pioneers of bottom-focused BDSM education, Poetic has a comprehensive series on sexy bootblacking that takes you from your first polish through “multi scenes” with rope, cigars, and leather. She also covers more direct subjects like playing with hair with practical and actionable suggestions for exploring your kinky side.
- Panther Prowls: Few people show as much sensual mastery with a cane or a single-tail as Panther. He has spent years figuring out how to share his knowledge in clear and concise segments with both explanation and demonstration, and you also learn a lot from his interactions with his bottom ReachOut as they talk about their collared relationship.
- Q-Tip: This West Coast educator lets their joyous enthusiasm for strap-on play come out in a complete series from picking out the right one through bringing your lover to dildo-filled bliss with various positions for fucking. They also have a couple of videos on Kink Academy about the care and cleaning of latex clothing, where again you see the pleasure combine with the education as they demonstrate with their partner, Eden Alexander. These are videos that exemplify the way teaching and passion can work together to make sex education much more than diagrams and metaphors.
- Mickey Mod: How many people with cocks can you name who would volunteer to demonstrate a sadistic handjob? That’s just one of many videos Mickey participates in, bringing his expertise as a porn star to subjects like “Bringing Her Pleasure” and “Changing Positions Gracefully.” He also opens up directly with his real-life partner Dylan Ryan about emotional topics like the sometime-awkwardness of initiating sex.
If you get the chance to take a class from or meet any of these ten educators in person, we highly recommend it. They have ideas, techniques, and stories that you can’t get anywhere else.
Remember, though, these are not even close to all the amazing sex educators of color out there – it’s not even a complete list of the ones you’ll find here on the Kink Academy.
But it’s a start. Learning from people with varied perspectives and experiences is one of the best ways to deepen your understanding of any subject. In the case of sex education, you also get the benefit of learning more about pleasure, and that can have side benefits that go far beyond just knowledge.
Seek out these educators and others like them, because they have voices that need to be heard now more than ever.
Add to Favorites
Most Favorited Videos
Most Bookmarked Posts
- Tie ‘Em Up and Fuck ‘Em(21)
- Control Through Protocol: What It Is and Why It’s Sexy(20)
- Sensual Domination: Getting Started(18)
- How to Handle a Challenge From a Submissive(16)
- How to Fuck a Femdom: Demonstration(15)
- Defining Levels of Protocol(12)
- What is Rough Sex?(12)
- Eye Contact(10)
- Breast Sex: Foreplay(9)
- Sexual Cuddling, Part 1(8)