A lot of emphasis is put on “experience” in kink, and the idea that it is somehow safer to play with people who have been doing things for a while. This is only true if the person understands that there are also blind spots — “pitfalls”, as Thista calls them — and that being experienced, or even “never having anything go wrong”, might not be anything other than luck. Understanding some ways that experience can lead to risky assumptions – and, for that matter, understanding how “risk” itself is a very subjective thing – can help you mitigate the chance of things going wrong.
This video is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Advanced Negotiation: Consent as a Persistent & Fluctuating State
- Advanced Negotiation: Communicating Consent While In Scene
- Advanced Negotiation Demo: Negotiating Parameters
- Advanced Negotiation: Pitfalls of Experience
- Advanced Negotiation Demo: Evaluating Skills
- Advanced Negotiation: States of Change
- Advanced Negotiation: Closing Thoughts