In this clip Marcia B. talks about some of the most common and also damaging myths about consent. Specifically, there is an idea that women “have sex” and men “get sex.” She explains how this “pursuit” model of consent makes things worse for everyone, and suggests asking a different question: what does each person involved want out of the experience? That way there is a more balanced and equitable approach to happy fun sexy time!
This video has been close-captioned for the hearing impaired.
Also in Consent with Marcia B.
- What is Consent?
- Myths About Consent
- Why “Is this OK?” is the WORST Consent Question to Ask
- Consent Agreement
- Actually, Literally, What to Say in Consent Conversations
- How Do I Make Consent Sexy?
- When is Sex Over?
- Consent & Respect
- When Consent Conversations Get Awkward
Add to Favorites
Most Favorited Videos
Most Bookmarked Posts
- Tie ‘Em Up and Fuck ‘Em(20)
- Control Through Protocol: What It Is and Why It’s Sexy(18)
- Sensual Domination: Getting Started(18)
- How to Fuck a Femdom: Demonstration(16)
- How to Handle a Challenge From a Submissive(16)
- Defining Levels of Protocol(12)
- What is Rough Sex?(12)
- Eye Contact(10)
- Breast Sex: Foreplay(9)
- Sexual Cuddling, Part 1(8)