In the final video of Marcia B’s series on consent she talks about the reality that sometimes things get awkward. It’s this fear of things being awkward that can lead to important questions not being asked or, even worse, people doing things they don’t really want to.
Marcia suggests “embracing the awkward” and just bringing things out into the open. She gives several examples of how things could go “sideways”, and models how to talk with your partner about it. The neat thing about this strategy is that when both of you are in an awkward situation, it may not be sexy – but it can increase the intimacy and trust between you and your partner.
This video has been close-captioned for the hearing impaired.
Also in Consent with Marcia B.
- What is Consent?
- Myths About Consent
- Why “Is this OK?” is the WORST Consent Question to Ask
- Consent Agreement
- Actually, Literally, What to Say in Consent Conversations
- How Do I Make Consent Sexy?
- When is Sex Over?
- Consent & Respect
- When Consent Conversations Get Awkward
Add to Favorites
Most Favorited Videos
Most Bookmarked Posts
- Tie ‘Em Up and Fuck ‘Em(20)
- Sensual Domination: Getting Started(18)
- Control Through Protocol: What It Is and Why It’s Sexy(18)
- How to Fuck a Femdom: Demonstration(17)
- How to Handle a Challenge From a Submissive(16)
- What is Rough Sex?(12)
- Defining Levels of Protocol(12)
- Eye Contact(10)
- Breast Sex: Foreplay(9)
- Sexual Cuddling, Part 1(8)